With the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks today, I once again find myself in a somber mood remembering that fateful day 12 years ago. I was great with child(ren) as I was 3 weeks from delivering L&L. I remember I was in our bedroom with the TV on and watched as the 2nd plane flew into the World Trade Center. I stood there in a awe and disbelief. It is a day that none of us will ever forget and unfortunately, has forever changed the world in which we live in. Back in 2009 while in Pittsburgh, we traveled to the Flight 93 crash site. It was sobering to be standing by the field where the plane went down. The memorial site was covered with pictures, flowers, flags and all kinds of other memorials that people had left behind. There were also 40 wooden angels in a row for the crew and passengers who lost their lives (pictured below). I still get chills when I watch the TV shows recounting the ordeal and hearing the voices of the passengers who called their loved ones and hearing the chaos in the cockpit as the plane was being taken over.
We will never forget that fateful day when nearly 3,000 innocent people lost their lives and we pray to God that we will never have to experience a tragedy of that magnitude ever again. God Bless America and God Bless those who lost their lives, their families they left behind and all of the rescue workers who witnessed the tragedies firsthand. It was hard for us to watch it on TV. I cannot even fathom seeing it unfold in person.
This anniversary is always a great reminder to be sure to say "I Love You" to those you love and let them know how much they mean to you. Also, a great reminder that in an instant, our lives can be taken away from us. Never take anything for granted, don't let the pettiness in life come between you and a loved one or friend. Life is short, friends. Don't live it with any regrets. And last but not least, thank God for each and every blessing He has given you. For without Him, we have nothing.


No comments:
Post a Comment