It seems my goal today is to do everything possible to not exercise. I've pretty much thought of every excuse. I need to clean the house. I need to make some phone calls. I need to pin a few things on Pinterest. I need to play Candy Crush. I need to go pick the girls up from school. Ugh...the laundry. I need to fold those three baskets of mismatched socks. Okay, I am just kidding about that last one. Please tell me I am not the only one with basket(s) of unmatched socks. Please. So here I sit at the computer (again) with the Natalie Grant Pandora channel playing some really good tunes. I have my tennis shoes on at least... I absolutely love the song "Your Great Name." While listening to Pandora a while back, I heard this song in acoustic and fell in love even more. If you haven't heard it before, click below. There's something about unplugged and raw acoustic versions of songs. I like them.
Your Great Name (Acoustic)
We are plugging along. Kinda like Dory. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. I do have to share a thankful blessing with you. I am thankful for our respite providers who come into our house and watch the girls for us. The girls absolutely adore them and almost daily ask who is coming over to play with them. They are disappointed when I tell them nobody is coming. I don't take it personally. What kid doesn't like babysitters? We usually use our respite time to go to the big kids' events and sometimes we even go out on dates. We love knowing that we can go places and know that our girls are being well taken care of at home. Respite...a blessing for all of us.
I have shared with you before how Lauren has a word that she uses when she gets angry and we have deemed it her naughty word. It is "baby." She has another word that she uses at times which we are still trying to figure out where it came from. It is "wean-oh." She has a hard time putting the "r" sound at the end of words so I will let you figure that one out... You never know when wean-oh will come out of her mouth. Luckily, it doesn't come out in public often. We have told her that it isn't an appropriate word and she shouldn't say it. She doesn't know what it means. We started saying "schnitzel" when she says it and then she just laughs. She has said it a couple of times at therapy at Childserve. The therapists look at me like, "did she just say what I think she said?" I just nod my head. The other day we were at the drive-thru at Wendy's and just as the guy was taking my money, this little voice in the backseat says, "WEAN-OH!" I just smiled and drove away. Oh Lauren...you always keep us entertained.
Lindsey's word(s) aren't naughty or inappropriate, thank goodness. Her cute words are, "I have a better good idea." When she thinks of something or gives her opinion, she has a better good idea. She has been saying it for years and we just can't bring ourselves to correct it. You know how kids say the cutest things and you know you should probably encourage them to say it correctly but you just can't. When Delaney was a toddler she called Cheerios "teebios." They are still Teebios in this house.
Hopefully one of these days Lauren will have a better good idea and stop saying wean-oh.
Remember Nunik! We still use that around here.
ReplyDelete