As I finally had time to sit down and put my random thoughts into words, I signed into my Google account to find that for some reason since my last post my browser isn't compatible with my blog. My first thought is that maybe God is trying to tell me something...like maybe I shouldn't be blogging. I can't design my blog the way I want...now I can't even type the darn thing. Then I thought maybe I am just having technical difficulties like that Obamacare website. But unlike the Obamacare debacle, I outsmarted my computer and switched to Google Chrome. So alas here I am blogging again. Then, my keyboard decides that for every letter I type, it needs to add 10 more. Maybe God is trying to tell me somethinggggggggggggg.
We hope you all had a nice holiday season. It's hard to believe that 2013 is in the bag already. We had a nice Christmas. We were able to spend some time with our families and had lots of quality time at home. The highlight of L&L's Christmas gifts has to be their new air hockey table. The girls have always loved playing air hockey so we surprised them with their own table this year. Let me tell you, they are competitive and if you ever get the chance to play them, you better bring your "A" game. Especially Lindsey... she takes no prisoners. She really needs to work on her losing skills. She could very well be one of the most competitive people I have ever met. She does not like to lose and she always wants to go first. We continue to work on those skills.... Delaney's favorite gift would have to be a new iPhone. She has waited years to have one and it is a permanent fixture in her hands. Mason's highlight seems to be a $3 stylus he uses to play games on his phone. Just goes to show that sometimes the little things make a big difference in your life. Matt and I enjoyed watching the kids open their gifts and seeing the eager anticipation on their faces. As the kids get older, we treasure this time more than ever. Poor Scooby didn't get any gifts this year. Wait, I take that back....he helped himself to one of the kids' chocolate Santa. His gift to us was the pungent smells that came out of him afterwards. That dog is living on borrowed time as he has definitely used up all of his lives.
I am looking forward to 2014. I am not making any resolutions because if I do, I am just setting myself up to fail. I shall call them goals instead. One of my goals is to clean my house of useless clutter. I woke up today with the urge to clean. Then I thought better with the kids still home for six more days. That is really just setting myself up for failure. If you are like me, the urge to really clean only comes every once in a while so I hate to not act on it. Instead I will play with the kids and make more messes. It is more fun anyway.
Well I am tired of fighting this stupid keyboard. I have spent more time hitting backspace than I have typing. Today..it wins. As I sign off one last time this year, Happy New Year to you and I hope 2014 is a blessed year full of good health and prosperity.
No comments:
Post a Comment