Friday, October 25, 2013

I wish I was smart enough to figure out how to design this blog...  Why am I so challenged at this?  Why do they have to make it so hard?  All I want is for my picture of the girls to be front and center, without half of Lindsey's head cut off and the "blog" to not take up half of the picture.  Is that too  much to ask for?  I have literally spent way too much time trying to figure it out.  If you are blog savvy, leave me a comment and tell me how to fix my issues.  Please. 

The flu bug made a quick exit from our house and did not infect anyone else.  PTL!  Hopefully it will be another few years before we have to deal with that crap again.  No pun intended...

Exciting news this week is that Lindsey got her front tooth fixed!  When she was two years old, she did a face plant into the wall and knocked out her baby front tooth. Up until the time the girls were about two, they did not have a full head of hair.  Lindsey had a hemangioma on the top of her head that we used to tell the girls apart.  Shortly after getting a full head of hair, Lindsey lost her tooth and we were then able to use her toothless grin to tell them apart.  Looking back at pictures of her grin just melts my heart!
 
 
When Lindsey's permanent tooth came in, it was bruised and had a "notch" at the top and never grew in as far as her other front tooth.  About a year ago, to make matters worse, she chipped it.  Finally, after asking the dentist for years to fix it, he agreed to this year since it hasn't grown anymore.  He put a nice fancy crown on it and hopefully it will not break!  She loves her new tooth and now her smile is more beautiful than ever!
 
Boy, if you ever want to become emotional, look at old pictures of your kids.  How did they grow up so quickly? 
I found this one of Delaney and Mason "shaking their tail feather" back in Chippewa Falls.  The kids used to listen to music and dance all around the house and we would just laugh and laugh.  Those were the good ol' days.  I think the six months we lived in Chippewa Falls held some of the greatest memories for us.  The girls never had to go to the hospital for a seizure while we lived there.  That was a miracle in itself.  We were involved in a wonderful church and met a lot of great people.  There were three ladies, two of which ended up living right by us, who volunteered to come into our house and watch the twins so that I could go to a mother's group at church once a week.   In addition on Sunday mornings, because the girls were so medically fragile and illness was a no-no, they had volunteers who watched the girls in a room all by themselves so they wouldn't be exposed to others.  I shared our family's testimony at a church event while we were there that showed how God was instrumental in getting us to Chippewa Falls and how His hand was guiding us while we were there.  It was truly amazing.  I have always said that the time we spent in Wisconsin was the most wonderful experience for us.  Well maybe the cold and snowy winter wasn't too wonderful but, the atmosphere and people who surrounded us were such a blessing.  I had told one of  my friends that the only way I would leave Chippewa Falls was if we could go back home to Des Moines.  A couple of weeks later, we got the news that Matt was being promoted to Altoona.  It was bittersweet to leave but, we have some great memories of the time we spent there.   We are thankful to be home and close to our families but, we will always have a special place in our hearts for Wisconsin. 

If you will excuse me, my Kleenex and I are going to continue looking at pictures from the good ol' days.  If you are a mom with younger children reading this, enjoy these years because soon your babies will be teenagers like mine and all you will have are the memories.  Sniffle sniffle... 
    
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment