The dreaded stomach flu crept it's way into our house via Lauren. I think waking up to a child puking is worse than waking up to a seizure. That smell....invaded my nostrils all day. Matt and I shared the duties. He cleaned the bed and I cleaned Lauren. Both of us took turns gagging and running out of the room. I am sure had a hidden video been present, it would have been hilarious to watch. Hopefully Lauren is the only victim of this bout with the bug. Keeping our fingers crossed! Of course, as it usually happens, she was sick on the day of Special Olympic bowling competition yesterday. She was P.O.'d and heartbroken all at the same time. Matt stayed home with her while my parents and I accompanied Lindsey, who bowled a 56 her second game! She had a blast and was very good about keeping how much fun she had on the down low last night around Lauren. Lauren is still wondering when it is time to go bowling for school. I think a trip to the bowling alley is in our near future. Luckily, she will still get a ribbon from the Special Olympics even though she wasn't able to participate. She is still home today recovering. Super Dad carried her toys up from the basement so she is camped out in front of the TV with all of her "guys" and is as happy as can be. Figured she would be mad that Lindsey is at school without her again but, not the case. Phew!
This week we were able to send our "samples" off to Baylor for our genetic testing. We only needed blood samples for Lauren since they only need to test one girl. If they do find a gene mutation, they will test Lindsey specifically for that gene. Matt and I had to give saliva samples...that was kinda gross. The testing takes at least four months so now we just sit back and wait.
This past weekend a good friend of ours took some family pictures for us. Needless to say, getting six people to look at the camera with their eyes open and smiles on their faces was challenging to say the least. It was a good experience and now that everyone knows what to expect, we are going to try it again next week. I may have a few tricks up my sleeve next time to make things go more smoothly. A happy pill for the teenage girl and some bribery for the others. Below are a couple of cute ones of the girlies. Will put some of the big kids on after our next photo shoot, pending their approval. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment